6 months // Happy Arbor Day

Friday, April 25, 2014


Happy Arbor Day! And Happy 6 months old to Shepard! Today we planted a tree for Arbor Day. It was such a beautiful, rainy day. Perfect for planting a tree. I can't remember who said it, but one of my favorite quotes is, "There's no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this." It is such a perfectly put and true statement. We live in such a beautiful world. Where there are trees. And flowers. And mountains. And fresh air. Etc. I love being in the outdoors and being one with nature. I am so excited for this summer to take Shepard to the beach for the first time, to take him to Hebgen Lake (heaven on earth. Near Yellowstone), to take him camping at Redfish Lake, to take him to Driggs (where it all began for Trav and I. It's where we had our first date, where we got engaged and where we had our honeymoon. It's probably where Shepard was conceived, too. Haha, suckas) and to just take him on day hikes around Boise. So go plant a tree and make this earth a little bit more beautiful and the air a little bit more fresh. And please, please, PLEASE whatever you do, don't litter. Ever. It's literally my biggest pet peeve. Please & Thank you!

RECENT FAVES: (1) Shepard seriously loves food. He loves to eat his baby food and nom nom's his food the whole time he is eating. It's really cute. He also stares me down when I am eating in front of him. Like he won't take his eyes off of me. I feel guilty eating in front of him because he seems jealous of what I'm eating. haha. He will just sit there and stare and mimic my chewing motion. And if I am holding him he will always try as hard as he can to grab the food out of my hand. He's probably going to be a chef when he grows up. (2) Shepard started tilting his head from side to side when looking at things. He's probably also going to be an artist when he grows up too. haha. He looks at things like how artists look at paintings. It's adorable. (3) I can always tell when Shep is tired or hungry because he will start biting the bottom of my chin. It's quite funny. He's very focused about it. (4) Shepard is such a flirt. Today I took Shepard to Trav's work and when some of the lady's at Trav's work circled around Shepard, Shepard just smiled at all of the ladies and absolutely LOVED the attention. He's such a little charmer. (5) Just every day moments I get to spend with Shepard. Like today Shepard and I just cuddled in my bed together and listened to and watched the rain pour down outside my bedroom window. It was the best. I seriously love being a mom. A mom to Shepard. It is the best.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

BRIDGETTE JOY All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger