Mom Jeans

Monday, June 2, 2014

Hi Guys! Check out the blog post I was featured on over at SayYes where I talk about "mom" jeans! Though this feature is about being a "stylish mom" I do not claim to be a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination. Most days I hang out in a tshirt and leggings or jeans. I care much more about comfort and practicality rather than looking "stylish". Quite frankly, I feel with the explosion of the blog world and mommy fashion bloggers there is way too much pressure on being a stylish mom. And just in general for the matter. Yes, I do feel it's important to not "let yourself go" and try to look your best, but that it needs to be considered within measure. Being a mom takes a lot of work. And by a lot of work, I mean a lot of work. And kids are definitely at the top of the priority list, not shopping and finding what the latest trend is. Yes, it is fun to get all dressed up, but I mean come on, let's be realistic, it's just not going to happen every day. Especially when the laundry needs washed, the house needs cleaned, dinner needs cooked, the baby needs fed, changed, bathed and most importantly needs your love, attention and to play with. All while you are functioning on very little sleep because your baby also needs you during the night. That leaves very little time and energy for curling your hair and going shopping for a new stylish outfit. So, when I say that being a stylish mom needs to be considered within measure, look at the above list and see why a messy bun, tshirt and leggings is the appropriate attire for a busy momma. Next time you are scrolling through Instagram comparing yourself to all of those dang stylish moms who seem to be able to do it all wishing you could be that cute mom, don't. They must have some super power that most of us moms don't have. Let's just remember how beautiful being a mom is and that your little one(s) think that you are the most beautiful lady out there, even if you haven't showered in three days. haha. I say, save getting dressed up for date night :) Because, yes it's true, all in all it's fun and a self-esteem booster to spend time getting all dolled up, buying a cute outfit, curling your hair, putting on makeup and wearing heels. But, just be practical and realize that it's OK if that doesn't happen every day. And by golly gee, please don't compare what you see as someone's best to your worst. You will lose every time.
Just a side note: I am not promoting being a slob either and to not spend time on yourself; I do think there is merit to looking your best (within reason of your circumstance), because we all know how important it is to put effort into looking like a hottie for our significant other :) The key is balance. Which is life's greatest challenge, yet a great way to find happiness: to live a balanced life in all things and to not compare yourself to others. Easier said than done, right!?

Anyway, stepping down from my soapbox now, haha. My little sister, Brooke (she's only 15, what a natural talent she is!), took these photos of me for SayYes. I must say that I much more enjoy being behind the camera than in front! But, we still had a blast and a lot of great laughs. Brooke did an awesome job working around my awkwardness in front of the camera, which is a sign of a great photographer. Thanks Brookey, love you! 







1 comments:

  1. Hey Bridgette! It's Anita (Brittny's old bestie) I was looking at say yes blog and saw a familiar face! Looking fabulous, and congrats on your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete

BRIDGETTE JOY All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger